My Mini Herb Garden



Moving home has kept me rather busy of late.  Things I have possibly taken for granted I now see with fresh eyes.  Some things I miss, some things I happily have moved on from to allow room for the new.

One thing I've really missed is fresh bits and pieces from the garden.  I had a large rosemary bush right near my front door as well as plenty of mint and citrus trees.  In time I will have a little orchard and vegie patch and move all my citrus (happily in pots), but for now I've created a little pot herb garden to get my by.

My basil, parsley and chillies have been growing nicely for the past few weeks so last week I added coriander and mint to my mini herb garden.  Yay!

Yesterday I made a "Quick and Easy Green Chicken Curry".  Didn't use much chilli this time as last time it was a bit too hot for some in our family and it can always be added upon serving to suit individual tastes.  I used jar green curry paste this time as I've not yet had time to make my own... (has anyone got a good recipe)?  This curry recipe has quite a lot of liquid, so if you'd prefer a thicker sauce rather than using rice to soak up the sauce, just use less coconut cream / milk.

Best of all for me is the fresh coriander, though I know there are two types of people, the "Love Coriander" camp or the "Can't Stand It" camp.  Which are you?  Anyway, now I just need to plant some spinach!








No comments: