Chicken Rissoles / Patties


So today I decided to try making some chicken rissoles / patties rather than the beef / lamb ones I've shared here before.  I based them on these meat rissoles but used what I had hanging around:

Ingredients:
500g chicken mince
1 onion finely chopped
1 carrot, grated
2 celery sticks, grated
1 cup cooked rise (I used basmati)
1 egg
1/4 cup gluten free flour (I used a blend, but may try a nut flour next time)
spring onion
salt
pepper
coconut oil / rice bran oil

Method:
Throw it all together, mix well, form into balls, (flatten if you wish).  If they're too gooey, pop some flour on your hands to make it easier.  Fry in a shallow pan.  I've used coconut oil or rice bran oil to cook these, both work well.

These are very plain rissoles and serve as a great base for a meal, served with salad, steamed vegies or in a hamburger.  Depending on your taste and that of your loved ones, you may wish to add herbs, spices and chilli to the mix, or serve with whichever sauce is your preference.  Some in our home prefer tomato, others chilli or soy, so I generally leave the patties quite plain.

No comments: