Crispy Potato Cakes


I don't know where I got this recipe from?  If someone knows, I'd prefer to link to the original source, rather than sharing the recipe here, but this one is too yummy not to share.  Perhaps we'll try these on the BBQ next time.  Enjoy!

Ingredients

· 800g Desiree Potatoes (peeled)  **I have no idea what kind of potatoes I used

· 2 Tbsp Plain Flour   **I used a gluten free flour mix

· 1/2 tsp Baking Powder

· 150g Leg Ham (chopped)

· 1 Tbsp Finely chopped chives   **I used spring onions instead

· 2 Eggs (Beaten)

· 1/4 cup Vegetable oil   **I used rice bran oil

· pinch Salt & Pepper

Method

1. Grate potatoes. Place potato in a sieve over a large bowl. Using the back of a large spoon, press to drain excess liquid.   **This is important!

2. Combine flour, baking powder, ham and chives in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add egg and potato to flour mixture. Stir until well combined.

3. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of mixture into pan. Flatten with a spatula.
Repeat to make 4 cakes.  **I made about 8 small ones
Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until golden.
Transfer to a wire rack over a baking tray lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.

No comments: