Gentle tears of gratitude...

Some gentle tears fall down my cheeks as I type this.  I feel humbled.  I feel uneasy.  I feel grateful.  I feel the need to share.  In the space of a few hours I have received some rather unexpected compliments.  Someone said that I had made a difference to our planet.  Someone said that I was inspiring.  Someone said thank you for my contributions and efforts.  Someone said that I had made a difference to their lives and the way they see the world.  Yet I feel very normal.  I feel vulnerable.  I feel ordinary.  I don't feel particularly special in any way.  I feel that perhaps I just honour what my instincts tell me do and am guided be my intuition?  But surely this is something each of us can do?

And now I reflect.  This morning as I lay tucked up in my warm bed contemplating staying there a little longer, contemplating staying cosy and warm all day, I thought of my Mum who by now would already be actively involved with our local community, planting thousands of plants in a park to make our world a better place to live.  I got out of bed, faced the cold and rain, helped planted trees and was inspired by My Marvellous Mum and dozens of "ordinary people" doing extraordinary things...

No comments: