"Forever Young"

A few nights ago I was fortunate to see Rod Stewart live in Melbourne with a friend.  Whilst walking through the Royal Botanic Gardens my friend mention that this is where she and her husband had married 10 years ago.  We discussed our wedding days & in the course of our conversation I mentioned how a friend from Sydney had helped organise the caterer for our wedding.


During the concert, Rod Stewart sang "Forever Young", a song that I'd not heard for years.  The words really resonated with me and I felt compelled to share them & so I posted them on fb when I returned home.  The next morning I woke to read a comment from a friend saying Thank You for posting the words, the song had been on the radio as she was driving to a funeral many years before and it always reminded her of that time and of our special friend.  I was overseas at the time of Lisa's death and funeral and had never heard this story.  I then realised that this was the same friend, Lisa, who had helped with our wedding all those years ago and that I'd been chatting about her on the way to the concert.


I don't know why I was so compelled to share the words of this song when I returned home.  I don't know why it meant so much to me at the concert.  But I trusted my gut and shared it none the less.  I reminded me of friendship, love and people that left this planet young.  So no matter what, no matter where you roam, may you always remain "Forever Young".



"Forever Young"

(R. Stewart/J.Cregan/K.Savigar)

May the good Lord be with you
Down every road you roam
And may sunshine and happiness
surround you when you're far from home
And may you grow to be proud
Dignified and true
And do unto others
As you'd have done to you
Be courageous and be brave
And in my heart you'll always stay
Forever Young, Forever Young
Forever Young, Forever Young

May good fortune be with you
May your guiding light be strong
Build a stairway to heaven
with a prince or a vagabond

And may you never love in vain
and in my heart you will remain
Forever Young, Forever Young
Forever Young, Forever Young
Forever Young
Forever Young

And when you finally fly away
I'll be hoping that I served you well
For all the wisdom of a lifetime
No one can ever tell

But whatever road you choose
I'm right behind you, win or lose
Forever Young, Forever Young
Forever Young ,Forever Young
Forever Young, Forever Young
For, Forever Young, Forever Young

No comments: