Aerobin: aka My Magic Bin!

I really am grateful for my Aerobin.  There's not a lot of space in our garden for a big messy compost bin, so I was pleased to find there was a type of compost bin that didn't need me to do lots of work and didn't make a big mess.  Not that I mind messy, but stinky messy is a bit different to paint messy!

Anyway, with money from Christmas and Birthday saved up I invested in my Aerobin.  I say invested as they're not cheap, but the way I figured it, over 10 years or so, I should well and truly get my money's worth and my garden would be all the better for it.  Before long my Aerobin was renamed my Magic Bin.  I through all sorts of stuff in the top and after a few months I'd remove wonderful rich compost out of the bottom and throw it on my garden.  My lemon tree had never looked better and I was soon sharing my garden riches (bags of lemons) with friends and family.  Magic Bin and I had a great relationship for almost 4 years and then things turned a little pear shaped.  Although I'd throw stuff in the top the same as ever, the composted process slowed down somewhat...  After a few months I decided to investigate.  Now I'm sure I don't really need to describe what moving hundreds of litres of half broken down compost is like.  Although an unusual experience I'll admit to finding it quite therapeutic!  Once empty I found that there was a small crack in the centre of the bin.  This made me feel a little sad, but not as sad as when I realised that my warranty had expired a year earlier.

Regardless, I decided to provide some feedback to the company I'd purchased it from.  I took a few photos and wrote an email describing my experiences and let them know the purchase date.  I'm a BIG believer in providing feedback, both good and bad, to companies of all sorts.  How can they learn or change if they're not aware?

Within a short amount of time I received a message from the company asking for further purchase details and as it looked like a manufacturing issue, they arranged to forward replacement parts to me asap.  The customer service was excellent and after a few days, a dismantle, a rebuild and refill (eeewwww!!!) my relationship with my Magic Bin is now happily back to normal. 

Thank you Aerobin for your fantastic customer service and for your fab product!    

No comments: