Today I ate a strawberry...

...and it was delicious!
An unexpected pleasure from my rather neglected strawberry plant that hangs alone in a basket on the fence behind my transplanted lemon tree.  The few times my strawberry plant has fruited the birds or possums in our garden have always got to it first.  So I kind of don't bother much with it any more.  Until today.  The past few days I've been rushing around a bit and forgetting to smell the roses, which I often stop to do.  However out of the corner of my eye, I have noticed a glimpse of red against the paling fence.  Today I paid a little visit to the spot in the garden behind my lemon tree.  And I thanked my little strawberry plant as I picked the lush red strawbrry and popped it in my mouth.  I also took note of some more berries growing and ripening.  Now, I'm off to smell the roses...


2 comments:

magi said...

This looks so good! I'm going to try it.

Paling Fence

Sammy Nuttall said...

:) I really recommend it, magi! My strawberry plant is still alive (barely) and hopefully with enough sun I'll get another strawberry this year...